RSPS fans! We’ve reached the end of the month March. The month in which we have announced that we would be taking heavy action against voting bots and cheaters in general.
Did we succeed? Yes, we did. In fact, the results are stunning. In just 23 days time we have manually:
- filtered more than 140.000 botted votes;
- filtered more than 13.000 votes made by multi-voters;
- banned 18 servers, whereof 8 were in the top 10 of the top RSPS list;
- unbanned 15 of those 18 servers, who’re now using the top RSPS list without any forms of cheating.
- The average ban length was 5 days. One server has been banned for 19 days.
Next to these amount of votes, our toplist has also automatically filtered an additional…. 80.000 suspicious votes.
Amazing, but shocking numbers!
The numbers of votes on the RSPS list are now more legitimate than ever before. In fact, there’s heavy competition on the list. Servers are really close to each other and can outrank each other with just small numbers of votes. This is what a top RSPS list should look like! Entertaining, competing and honest. We’re glad and proud that RuneLocus is the one and only RSPS list that meets those criteria.
Of course we’ll be continuing this work next month. The team has prepared for the monthly toplist reset. This month is going to start cleaner than ever before, good luck to all fair RuneScape private servers!