-How to add/change log-in message
    -Spawning NPC's
    -Adding Shops
    -How to add NPC drops and change drop-rates
    -How to change Prices
    -Adding/Changing Global Objects
    -Changing XP Rate
    -Changing the Max skill level from 99
    -How to edit player in-game attributes (Skill level, rights, bank items etc...)
    -How to make various Commands
    *Teleportation commands
    *Item Commands
    *How to add player rights to commands
    -TIPS

-Introduction (Skip if needed)
    Does you 'Favourites' bar look like this? Crowded with multiple guides that are an absolute nessesity to your DeltaScape developments? Would it be a shit load more simple if they were all compiled and easy to read and follow? Well lucky for you, you have come to the right place...
    This guide will in fact include many guides that have already been posted multiple times in the past and no doubt the future, but this guide differs from all of those one hit wonders by having everything you could possibly need, all-in-one!

-Changing the Starting location
    Possibly One of the Two main things that attract first time users to your server, your starting zone should be vibrant & welcoming to users, it should be the hub of your server, containing the many things that your players require, so make sure you choose a nice and large area that should be able to contain things like shops & portals, so basically the general HUB of your server!

1. To get started, you will want to open up your server folder and look for config.java, and open it.
    2. Press Control+F and search for:
    Code:
    // initial x and y coordinates of the player
    Under that you should see:
    Code:
            heightLevel = #;
            toX = ##;
            toY = ####;
    4. Change these:
    # = Hight level of player (0 Is ground level)
    ## = X co-ordinate
    #### = Y co-ordinate

-Changing Starting Package
    Maybe the second most important aspect to getting your new players interested in your server is the humble starter pack, I say this because it is what give's your players the tools needed to gain levels, earn money etc... The starter package should contain the bear minimums without it becoming too much of a challenge for players to earn Gold, or too valuable in which you will get people repeatability drop-trading the riches and what-not...

1. Open up client.java
    2. Press Control+F and search for:
    Code:
    if (starter == 0) {
    Under that you should see:
    Code:
    addItem(#, ##);
    4. Change these:
    # = ID of item
    ## = Amount of item

-Spawning NPC's
    NPC's are the backbone of any RSPS, with out them, the game would only consist of skilling and would be rather boring. So lets get Started...

-Adding Shops
    Adding shops to your server is vital to it's economy by supplying players with the equipment they need to thrive on your server, while it could also be the worst thing to it if you start adding rare's to a shop, so don't go to over board.

1. Open up Shops.cfg
    2. you should see:
    Code:
    //-----ShopID---ShopName----------------------------------------Sell----Buy-----Item----Amount--Item----Amount--Item
    shop = 1    Aubury's_Rune_Store                2    2                554        50000    555        50000    556        50000    557    
    shop = 2    Ranging_Armor_Shop                2    2                3749    500        1065    500        1099    500        1135
    EXPLINATION
    Code:
    //-----ShopID---ShopName----------------------------------------Sell----Buy-----Item----Amount--Item
    shop = 1    NAME_OF_SHOP_HERE                #    #                ID        AMOUNT
    # = Change to 1 to only buy and sell what the shop has stocked - Change to 2 to buy and sell anything!

-How to add NPC drops and change drop-rates
    Have you found that your NPC's are not dropping an item too regularly, too often or not at all? Just follow these simple steps to change all that!

1. Open up npcdrops.cfg
    2. In there you should see:
    Code:
    //abbysal
    npcdrop = 2263    5509    1    10
    npcdrop = 2263    5510    1    7
    npcdrop = 2263    5512    1    5
    npcdrop = 2263    5514    1    2
    3. I'll explain what these do
    Code:
    npcdrop = #    ##    ###    ####
    # = Monster ID
    ## = Item ID
    ### = Amount Being Dropped
    #### = Rarity of the item

-How to change Prices
    Having the power to change the prices of items plays a big part in your server, you wouldn't want to play a server were the prices are jacked up high
    e.g Rune Platebody = 100K, neither would you want to play a server were they are only 1k each.

-Adding/Changing Global Objects
    Adding static objects to your server is a great way to add diversity between RS and a RSPS, you can do various things with object placing, be it a skilling zone, or a portal that tele's a player to your special zone. Either way, it is a greate way to customise your server (y)

1. Open up your client.java
    2. Press control +f and search for:
    Code:
    public void NewObjects()
    3. Most sources will already have objects placed in there so you should see something like this:
    Code:
    makeGlobalObject(#, ##, ###, 0, 10);
    4. Explanation
    # = X co-ordinate
    ## = Y co-ordinate
    ### = Object ID
    *note - Keep the last two numbers like that, unless you know what you are doing

-Changing XP Rate
    The XP rate on a server can make or break a player, whether it is because it was to difficult/easy for him or her to level up, because just like in RuneScape gaining the max skill is an accomplishment, an idea length of time taken to get say 99 should be around about 1-7 day's, I'll leave it up to you to figure out a nice rate.

-Changing the Max skill level from 99
    Is gaining level 99 in your skills seem a bit too low or easy? You can amp up the game by super-charging you players with higher skill ability's to either flaunt off, 0wn up or to gain access to secret content that is only accessible at it's highest peaks!

1. Open up your server file and look for client.java and open
    2. Press control+F and search for:
    Code:
    public int getLevelForXP(int exp) {
    Under that you should see something like this:
    Code:
            int points = 0;
            int output = 0;
            if (exp > ####)
                return ##;
            for (int lvl = 1; lvl <= ##; lvl++) {
                points += Math.floor((double) lvl + 300.0
                        * Math.pow(2.0, (double) lvl / 7.0));
                output = (int) Math.floor(points / 4);
                if (output >= exp) {
                    return lvl;
                }
            }
            return 0;
        }
    3. Change the values accordingly:
    #### = Amount of XP it takes to achieve your max level
    ## = What you would like your max level to be
    4. Open up Player.java and search for the same line:
    Code:
    And you should see something familiar:
    Code:
            int points = 0;
            int output = 0;

for (int lvl = 1; lvl <= ####; lvl++) {
                points += Math.floor(lvl + 300.0 * Math.pow(2.0, lvl / 7.0));
                output = (int) Math.floor(points / 4);
                if (output >= exp)
                    return lvl;
            }
            return 0;
        }
    5. Change accordingly:
    #### = Change to max level

-How to edit player in-game attributes (Skill level, rights, bank items etc...)
    1. Open up your server folder and search for your character folder & locate the desired user you would like to edit, and open it.
    2. It should look like something similar to this (THERE WILL BE MORE IN THERE, THIS IS JUST THE BASICS):
    Code:
    [ACCOUNT]
    character-username = Test                USERNAME
    character-password = Testing                PASSWORD

[CHARACTER]
    character-height = 0                    HIGHT LEVEL - 0 defult (ground)
    character-posx = 3088                    X CO-ORDINATE
    character-posy = 3489                    Y CO-ORDINATE
    character-rights = 0                    PLAYER'S RIGHT
    character-lastconnection = localhost            LAST CONNECTED FROM
    character-special = 100                    AMOUNT OF SPECIAL LEFT
    character-energy = 100                    RUN ENERGY LEFT
    character-brightness = 0                BRIGHTNESS LEVEL
    character-fighttype = 1                    TYPE OF ATTACK STYLE
    character-pin = 0                    BANK PIN
    character-retaliate = 0                    AUTO-RETALIATE (ON/OFF)
    character-pcpoints = 0                    PEST CONTROLL POINTS
    character-assault = 0                    BARBARIAN ASSULT POINTS?

-How to make various Commands
    What is a private server without commands? Like literally one of the key aspects of what defines a private server, that and the easy skills and money So now I am going to show you the basic formats of the commands so you can start implementing them your selves!

-TIPS
    * Always remember to compile either your Server and/or Client (depending on witch file was modified) via the compiler.bat
    * I would suggest spending at least 1-2 weeks playing around with various sources that other players have made, these can be found in the 317 download section
    * I would suggest having some sort of brain on your shoulders, what I mean is, being rather good at mathematics & good'ish English skills
    * You are expected to blow up a few sources, but it's all part of your learning experience
    * If you are thinking about running/maintaining a good server, I would suggest reading through a java book e.g 'java for dummies'
    * If you are confident enough to edit values in your server the most resourceful files are your client.java, config.java, CFG Folder etc
    * Always keep a back-up, I would suggest backing up your source after any major successful updates
    * To Find Item ID's, try looking in item.cfg in the CFG file! (95% of the time, the ID's are incorrect) Portable Item ID list included with tutorial)
    * To Find NPC ID's, try looking in NPC.cfg in the CFG folder! (95% of the time, the ID's are incorrect) Portable NPC ID list included with tutorial)
    * When searching for tutorials for Project Insanity, remeber to include the key word PI

*Note
    *This guide is almost an exact replica of my past guide Complete NOOB 'Project Insanity'Guide + Tips to making a good RSPS, but converted to DeltaScape.
    *I will be adding to this guide as I go along, I have only been using DeltaScape for a week or two.
    *Please Suggest any guide you would like to see implemented as I will be adding to this guide continuously.
    *If possible, could you please contribute to this guide since Delta is a foreign source to me :| (will include 100% credit and link to your page)
    Last edited by Ambient; November 15th, 2011 at 01:53.

2. The following 3 RuneLocus members thank Ambient for making this post:

Danial (December 1st, 2011), gold blade (June 20th, 2013), Tricky (May 1st, 2012)

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no point on commenting due to the fact that i'm going to request that this thread be clared of all comments when i complete this guide tomorrow
    good night.
    Last edited by Ambient; November 15th, 2011 at 01:51.

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you posted the exact same shit except it was for PI. This could be useful for noobs, but generally it's a waste of time considering most people here can code try mopar, it's full of retards who can't code.

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that the truth Judo, also, this was pretty useless in my opinion, however as Judo said, it can help the 'Noobs' out, however, there are already tons of tutorials for this type "Tutorial"

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can always have updated Tutorial's or better ones

GamerTag 4 Call of Duty on 360: Actual Elite

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by judostar1 View Post
    you posted the exact same shit except it was for PI. This could be useful for noobs, but generally it's a waste of time considering most people here can code try mopar, it's full of retards who can't code.
    And so what if I made the same guide for PI, what is the difference? They apply the same concepts just for different servers...

Fuck mopar, the fact that it is full of hateful fuck is the reason I'm not going to release it there

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by judostar1 View Post
    You posting that was a waste of time, why? Because NOBODY cares. If he wants to make a guide, he can. And he doesn't deserved to be hated on because he did.

10. The following 2 RuneLocus members thank Robot Cadet for making this post:

Ambient (October 12th, 2011), gold blade (June 20th, 2013)

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ambient! this was actually helpful maybe, just maybe, add something with teleports(i know you have something already) but i mean like with u click monster tele for example, it brings up maybe 4-5 options to pick from. how to change and rename them? that would be really helpful for me Thanks again!

Competition points
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 times
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers man, glad it did
    But as I sated some were rather (cant remember) I don't really like working with delta, I think I might just leave a request up for people to contribute codes and add them into the tut and give creds