I’m humbled and excited to announce that the year of 2022 marks the 15th anniversary of RuneLocus!
Although there are many moments and people that have marked this path, I would first of all like to use this blogpost to thank everyone for using RuneLocus over the past 15 years.
When I launched this website in 2007, I never would have expected that we would hit a milestone like this. Man, what a fantastic journey! We’ve seen incredible ups, but also terrible downs. Both the good and bad have one thing in common: we have embraced them both, after all, they’ve shaped RuneLocus into what it is today.
Throughout this year, we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary in the form of updates and new features. And as you most likely have already noticed, we have already begun. Welcome to the new RuneLocus!
What has been renewed so far (list is still being updated)?
- Overall design
- RSPS List completely rebuilt with new features, such as:
- RuneLocus callback (old versions still work, but developers are recommended to update)
- RuneLocus API
- MyLocus (for server owners only)
- OSRS Item ID DB
- OSRS NPC ID DB
- OSRS Object ID DB
- OSRS Model ID DB
- Advertisement availability countdown
- The forum hasn’t had our priority in many years. We’re pushing it to the background, and will most likely turn it into an archive later this year.